I’ve been receiving many questions about the possibility of using custom styles in phpBB while using my mod. The quick answer is Yes, you can use any Prosilver / Subsilver2 based style with my mod. This is explained in detail in the video (linked below) on how to set it up. Problem is however that most people for unknown reasons don’t watch the video, or if they do they tend to skip parts even though they are important. Skipping parts of the video, and in turn of the installation process, can lead to unexpected and glitchy forum behavior. Therefor I’d like to ask you to watch the full video properly (thus without skipping parts).
Here’s a little summary if you’ve finished watching the video.
- First you’ll need to know which style your style is based off. You can find this on the installation screen of the style you are trying to install. Screenshot.
- Once installed, go to the AutoMOD section and click on details for my mod. Screenshot.
- Scroll to the bottom, select the correct inheritance style on the left (as seen on step 1) and select the style on which you want to install the EVE API mod changes to on the right. Screenshot.
- Click submit, then install. Your changes should now be installed. Screenshot.
- Clear the forum cache to force the forum to use the newly installed changes.
Unfortunately there is a small chance that certain changes to the style might not install correctly. This happens because of the “freedom” certain style creators take, and sometimes by not obeying the style rules properly. If you come across an error in the installation process let me know, and I’ll let you know if it has any impact (errors because of the failing copyright line can be ignored for instance).
And yes, it is really this simple..