Hereby I’m releasing version 6.3.1 of my EVE Online API for phpBB mod.
The following things have changed:
- Fully integrated OpenFire support! Can be used on EVE entities, as well as groups. Uses the self-built PHP OpenFire UserService class, more details on this class can be found here.
- Forum should now properly ask to be set as trusted again when using the ingame browser.
- AccessMasks should now properly be verified if AccessMask is set higher than default.
- Made the api key link from eveapi_update.php page listen to the AccessMask set in the ACP.
- Updated the database to Rubicon 1.1.
Quick how-to on the updating process from 6.3.0;
- Uninstall EVE API 6.3.0 from the AutoMOD section of the ACP.
- Clear forum cache
- Upload and install EVE API 6.3.1 to the AutoMOD section of the ACP.
- Clear forum cache again
- Go to forum.com/install and select update
- Once installed, delete the install folder from your forum
- Use AutoMOD to make the required changes to your custom template (if required)
- Cycle through each of the EVE API setting pages and save them
- Cycle through each of the forum group setting pages and save them
- Clear forum cache one last time, and we should be done.
If you’d like to have a bit more insight in this process, please watch the slightly outdated 6.2.0 Installation and Configuration video on Youtube as that video should explain a very similar process. The Youtube videos can be found here.
EVE Online topic: https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=21281
EVE Online forum post: https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=4269569#post4269569